Visit this promotion page Your chance to win a million miles* For our 20th Anniversary, 21 people will become mileage millionaires.* One winner will be selected from each Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programme. Winners will be announced on September 28, 2017.
Where Could A Million Miles* Take You?
*Or equivalent/comparable prize. See T&Cs for details. Examples are illustrations only, representing some, but not all, of the ways in which prizes may be used. Subject to availability, terms and rules of each FFP.
Terms and ConditionsIntroduction
1. These Terms & Conditions (the “Agreement”) apply to and govern your participation in this Mileage Millionaire Competition (the “Competition”) and all matters relating to or stemming from such participation.
2. This Competition, Agreement and any related disputes shall be subject to and interpreted under the laws of England and Wales and the non- exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, without prejudice to your rights under local mandatory laws of your country of residence.
3. Special requirements and terms apply in relation to residents of Canada and Quebec (see para. 58), as well as residents of Brazil and/or residents of Brazil participating in this Competition under the Amigo Eligible FFP (see paras. 15 and 59). If you are such a resident, you must acquaint yourself with and adhere to these requirements. In the event of a conflict between such requirements and any other provision of this Agreement, the former shall prevail. Residents of the Province of Mendoza in Argentina, Italy and any other country in which this Competition is unlawful may not participate in the Competition.
4. The promoter of this Competition is Star Alliance Services GmbH (the “Promoter”), the registered offices of which are situated at Frankfurt Airport Centre, Main Lobby, Frankfurt, 60546, Germany. Within the territory of Brazil, the promoter of this Competition is that specified in para. 59. With the exception of para. 59, no Eligible FFP owner/administrator or related Star Alliance Member Carrier shall be deemed to be a promoter of this Competition.
5. By participating in the Competition, you, the “Entrant”, represent that you have understood and accept this Agreement in its entirety. Otherwise, you may not participate in this Competition or proceed with registration. Please retain a copy of this Agreement for your future reference.
Conditions for Participation and Disqualification
6. To register for and participate in the Competition you: (a) shall be a member of an Eligible Frequent Flyer Programme (“Eligible FFP” – as listed in para. 15) at the time of registration and so remain for the full duration of the Competition and the time of crediting or award of any Prize (if at the time of registration you are not a member of an Eligible FFP, you may so register); (b) shall be over eighteen years of age; (c) shall not be in any relationship of employment with the Promoter, any Star Alliance Member Carrier, any Eligible FFP owner/administrator, Atomic London Ltd., National Geographic, Mediaedge:cia International Limited, Crisp Thinking (UK) Ltd, Fox Network Group, or any of their agents, representatives, contractors or distributors – this includes, without limitation, any IT supplier contracted thereby – for services to be provided for this Competition, and anyone connected with this Competition; (d) shall not be a first degree relative of any such person(s) or of Robert Reid or Sasan Roohi, the judges of the Competition, and; (e) shall only register once for the Competition, using a single Designated Eligible FFP Account (see para. 13), email address and name – for the purposes of para.28 only, in the event your Entry is rejected for not meeting the Moderation Criteria (see para. 28), you may register again as per the process set out in para. 28.
7. Non-satisfaction of these eligibility conditions and/or breach of any term of this Agreement at any point in time may result in your disqualification from the Competition. Disqualification may also result if you: (a) are found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Competition, and/or; (b) post an entry or a comment to the platform on which the Competition is hosted or any other media platforms or channels of Promoter, Star Alliance Member Carriers or Eligible FFP owners/administrators that, in the opinion of Promoter or its agents is offensive or upsetting to other Entrants, or directly aimed at the Promoter or is contrary to other applicable law or infringes the rights of any third party or depicts a third party without their full and informed consent to so appear for the purposes of this Competition. Promoter reserves the right to remove any such entry or comment, and/or; (c) your FFP account is used for fraudulent actions or conduct, or is otherwise misused.
8. All information you provide, including during registration, must be correct and accurate. Provision of incorrect information may result in disqualification from the Competition.
9. Disqualification from the Competition shall also entail disentitlement from any Prizes and forfeiture of any Prizes that may be or may have been credited.
10. Failure to promptly detect and communicate such disqualification shall not waive the right of Promoter, or its agents, contractors or subcontractors, to effect such disqualification.
11. All decisions made in relation to the Competition shall be final. No correspondence shall be entered into.
12. No purchase is necessary to enter this Competition. You should however note that any subscription paid to any internet access provider or for any computer hardware (computer, modem, cables, etc.) used to participate in the Competition shall not be reimbursed.
13. Upon registration, you will be requested to identify the Eligible FFP of which you are a member and your account number therein (“Designated Eligible FFP Account”), in which, if applicable, any Prize will be credited. This information may not be changed subsequent to registration.
14. Only one winner (“Winner”) will be confirmed and declared from each Eligible FFP. Hence, each eligible Entrant will compete against all other participants registered for the same Eligible FFP.
15. The Prize to be credited or awarded under each Eligible FFP is as follows:
(Star Alliance Member Carrier)
(Unit and Metric)
(Air New Zealand)
|20,000 Airpoints Dollars™|
(SAS Scandinavian Airlines)
|4 SAS Round The World Business Class Tickets|
|1,000,000 FR Points|
|ANA Mileage Club
|Miles + Bonus
|Miles & More
(Adria Airways, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Croatia Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS)
|Miles & Smiles
(Air China, Shenzhen Airlines)
|Royal Orchid Plus
(South African Airways)
16. The Prize listed in the above table for each Eligible FFP will only be credited/awarded once, and only to the one confirmed Winner under the Eligible FFP concerned. The procedure for the crediting/award of Prizes is described in para. 38.
17. The Prizes listed in the above table are the only Prizes to be credited/awarded under this Competition.
18. Prizes will be provided by the Eligible FFP owner/administrator or related Star Alliance Member Carrier, but not by the Promoter.
19. The validity and redemption conditions of any Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the providing Eligible FFP, under which you are participating in the Competition. Please ensure you are well acquainted with those terms and conditions prior to proceeding with registration in this Competition. A list of all Eligible FFPs is available at www.staralliance.com/earn-and-redeem, including links to the homepage of each Eligible FFP and through which you may also access its respective terms and conditions. The validity and redemption of any Prizes is also subject to any applicable conditions of carriage.
In relation to the Prize (four SAS Round The World Business Class Tickets) to be credited by the EuroBonus Eligible FFP, redemption is also subject to the following conditions: (a) the SAS Round The World Business Class Tickets can be used on Star Alliance carriers (including SAS Scandinavian Airlines); (b) no more than six stopovers are allowed in an itinerary booked using an SAS Round The World Business Class Ticket, and no more than ten segments per ticket; (c) the date of the last flight booked using an SAS Round The World Business Class Ticket must be no later than 36 months after the four SAS Round The World Business Class Tickets have been made available to the Winner, and travel is subject to availability on any dates requested; (d) the SAS Round The World Business Class Tickets are not transferrable to third parties, but travel by up to three Winner’s companion(s) on such tickets is allowed, each such companion using one SAS Round The World Business Class Ticket, on condition that such companion travel is from and to the same cities, and on the same dates, as in the Winner’s itinerary – companion travel on the same flights as the Winner is not guaranteed, is dependent on availability and may not be possible; (e) no SAS Round The World Business Class Ticket reissuances or changes of routing or carriers are permitted after the start of a journey, and; (f) no EuroBonus points will be earned on flights booked with SAS Round The World Business Class Tickets.
Without prejudice to any term of this Agreement in relation to the Prize to be rewarded under any other Eligible FFP, Aeroplan Miles have no cash value but are redeemable under the Aeroplan Program for flights and other rewards. The retail value of rewards obtained using Aeroplan Miles will vary depending on the Aeroplan reward schedules and other factors, details of which may be found at www.aeroplan.com. Aeroplan Miles may be redeemed only in accordance with the Aeroplan Program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice. Taxes, landing and departure fees, and other charges and surcharges may apply to Aeroplan reward travel, and are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Full terms and conditions of the Aeroplan Program are available on-line at www.aeroplan.com
20. Any Prize awarded shall not affect your membership status tier in your Eligible FFP.
21. Unless expressly stated otherwise in this Agreement, the Prize is not transferrable. The Prize shall not be redeemable for cash. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of the Prize will be permitted, except that the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value for any Prize if the intended Prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
22. If you are a confirmed Winner, you shall be solely and exclusively responsible and liable for the payment of any and all taxes associated with your receipt of a Prize, and at such time as required by under the terms and conditions of your Eligible FFP and any other applicable laws. This shall include without limitation country, state, local taxes and VAT (and/or GST, where relevant) or any other fiscal charges, burdens or reporting obligations under any applicable law.
23. You shall further be solely and exclusively responsible and liable for the payment of any and all costs, fees, charges, surcharges, insurance, taxes and any other expenses, including without limitation boarding fees, fuel fees, security fees or airport fees that, under the terms and conditions of your Eligible FFP, may arise in relation to the use of your Prize if you are a confirmed Winner. Any such amounts may vary among Eligible FFPs, and may also depend on such factors as your origin or destination airport; you are strongly advised to refer to the terms and conditions of your Eligible FFP and familiarise yourself with any such amounts before you enter the Competition.
24. The Competition starts on 14 May 2017 at 00:01 UTC (“Start Date”) and ends on 31 July 2017at 24:00 UTC (“Closing Date”). Entries must be submitted/uploaded online through the webpage of the Competition at www.staralliance.com/mileagemillionaire after the Start Date and before the Closing Date. Entries submitted/uploaded after the Closing Date will not be considered.
25. The theme of the Competition is the connection of people and cultures (the “Theme”). You will be required to share a cultural experience of yours involving such intercultural connections and interactions in an artistic and creative fashion.
26. You will be required to submit the information set out in para. 41, specify the location of your cultural experience by placing a pin in an online map (“Map”) and to provide the following content: (a) a profile picture of yourself (no other person shall appear in this picture); (b) a picture of the cultural experience revealing the unique attributes of that experience; (c) a text (“Written Text”), no longer than 200 characters in length, describing your cultural experience and its unique attributes , written in English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified) or Chinese (Traditional) (“Competition Languages”). An online tool will merge the two pictures and display a preview of the combined content for your acceptance. You are only authorised to use this online tool for your participation in this Competition in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. Your facial and other personal characteristics appearing in the combined content may remain individually recognisable. You may re-upload your pictures until satisfied with the combined visual content, to be submitted along with the Written Text (collectively, the “Entry Materials” or “Entries”). All your Entry Materials must be submitted in one Competition Language. You may not change your Entry Materials once you have submitted them. You may share the combined content and the fact of your submission via select social media channels, as made available in the webpages of the Competition.
27. Your Entry Materials will be screened against the Moderation Criteria identified in para.28. If successful, your Entry Materials will be published as specified in paras.29 and 30, and will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria described in paras.35 and 36.
28. Your submitted Entry Materials will be assessed by Crisp Thinking (UK) Ltd, The Hall, Salem Chapel, Hunslet Lane, Leeds, LS10 1JW, United Kingdom, an independent third party engaged by National Geographic (“Moderator”), against the following Moderation Criteria and in the Competition Language in which you submitted them. They will be rejected if, in the reasonable opinion of the Moderator, they: (a) include or contain any form of nudity or visual depictions that have explicit or implicit sexual connotations; (b) are deemed culturally, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive or inappropriate, incompatible with the spirit or Theme of the Competition, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane; (c) constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law; (d) are deemed to infringe the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other rights, including intellectual property, of any third person or entity, violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, or are deemed to be stock or plagiarized; (e) include names, likenesses or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead; (f) with respect to images: (i) they are blurry or there is poor visibility of the cultural experience therein; (ii) they do not appear as your own image; (iii) they depict anyone appearing as under the age of 18 years, and/or; (iv) they appear to not depict the cultural experience location you have declared on submission. Should your Entry Materials be rejected during moderation, your original Entry and registration information will be deleted. However, you may register for the Competition again using your original registration information and submit Entry Materials anew.
29. You will be notified by email of the outcome of the moderation assessment, and, if your Entry Materials are accepted, of the fact that your Entry Materials will be published in the online Map of the Competition. For clarity, only Entries accepted as meeting the Moderation Criteria will be published in the online Map. Publication of your Entry will also include your first name. The Map will be available in all nine Competition Languages at www.staralliance.com/mileagemillionaire. Each language version of the Map shall comprise a universally accessible online interactive Map, also viewable by the non-participating public at large, featuring the Entries of all Entrants in the language of their original submission. Entries will appear on the Map in the location in which their related cultural experience occurred, as indicated by Entrants.
30. Your Entry Materials, or individual parts thereof, will be summarised or otherwise reduced in size and will be displayed in the online Map in such reduced form, likely differing from the Entry Materials you submitted. Entries, either as originally submitted by you and/or in their reduced form, will remain published and publicly available in the online Map for a period of up to 24 months from the Closing Date. The online Map shall be accessible, visible and/or otherwise promoted from any and all channels, including without limitation websites, webpages, search engines or social media of the Promoter, Star Alliance Member Carriers, Eligible FFP owners/administrators and/or their contractors or subcontractors.
31. All Entries and Entry forms must be submitted and completed online through the webpage specified in para. 24. Entries that are illegible, lost, delayed, misplaced, misdirected, incomplete or that cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reasons will be disqualified.
32. The Promoter does not guarantee the timeliness of your Entry’s publication on the Map.
33. Should you be disqualified from the Competition, your Entry will be removed from the Map.
Selection, Notification and Obligations of Winners
34. Only Entries that are published in the online Map will be eligible for producing a Winner and will be assessed as provided in paras.35 and 36.
35. The Winner under each Eligible FFP will be selected having regard to the photographic and artistic quality of the images they have submitted, the creativity of the Entry Materials, effectiveness and originality of the Entry Materials in identifying, depicting and communicating the cultural experience concerned and the unique attributes of that experience, the alignment of their Entry Materials with the Theme of the Competition and the accentuation thereof (collectively, “Judging Criteria”). Additional useful guidelines and information can be found in the “Frequently Asked Questions” document available at www.staralliance.com/mileagemillionaire-faq. The Entrant whose Entry Materials are deemed the strongest against these Judging Criteria in comparison with all other participants registered for the same Eligible FFP shall be declared the Winner under that Eligible FFP.
36. The Entries of all Entrants will be assessed by Crisp Thinking (UK) Ltd, an independent third party engaged by National Geographic, and in the Competition Language in which they were submitted. All Entries will be assessed against the Judging Criteria. The five best Entries per Eligible FFP will, if submitted in a Competition Language other than English, be translated into English. The English version of the five best Entries per Eligible FFP will then be further assessed by a panel (“Panel”) for the selection of the Winner under each Eligible FFP. The Panel will comprise National Geographic travel blogger Robert Reid, along with Sasan Roohi, a representative of Fox Network Group, the address of which is 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, United Kingdom W6 7AP, the independent third party engaged by National Geographic to assist with the final judging of Entries. The Promoter assumes no liability in relation to the quality of translations or any consequences stemming therefrom.
Any ties arising in the selection of the best five Entries under each Eligible FFP shall be resolved through the re-judging of the tied Entries concerned. Should a tie remain unresolved thereafter, the best of the remaining tied Entries in terms of alignment with and accentuation of the Competition Theme and the identification, depiction and communication of a cultural experience and its uniqueness will prevail. Should a tie remain unresolved thereafter, the best of the remaining tied Entries in terms of photographic quality will prevail. Should a tie remain unresolved thereafter, the best of the remaining tied Entries in terms of creativity will prevail.
37. The name and country of residence of the Winners will be announced on the Competition’s webpage at www.staralliance.com/mileagemillionaire on 28 September 2017 (“Announcement Date”) at 00:01 UTC. Potential winners will be contacted via email by the Promoter and/or by the respective Eligible FFP owner/administrator within four weeks prior to the Announcement Date. Within four working days of any such email(s) being sent (“Response Period”), Winners will need to respond to such email(s) by providing or, if already provided during registration, by confirming the information specified in para.41 below, and also by confirming their acceptance of the respective Prize (“Response”). Otherwise, or if conferral of the Prize as per this Agreement is impossible or illegal in the jurisdiction of a Winner’s residence, such Winner will be disqualified, and the Entrant with the next strongest Entry under the Eligible FFP concerned will be contacted to be awarded the Prize under this process, to be repeated until the confirmation of a Winner. Disqualification may also result if any information as provided on registration cannot be confirmed.
38. Within four weeks prior to the Announcement Date, each confirmed Winner will receive an email from their Eligible FFP with a confirmation that the Prize specified in para. 15 will be credited to that Winner’s Designated Eligible FFP Account within four weeks after the Announcement Date. In relation to the Prize to be provided by the EuroBonus Eligible FFP, the confirmed Winner will receive, within four weeks prior to the Announcement Date, an email communication confirming that the tickets specified in para.15 will be available for booking within four weeks after the Announcement Date.
39. Unless informed otherwise, you shall not announce, disclose or represent, through an act or omission, the fact that you have been confirmed as a Winner, or that you have been contacted for that purpose, before any of the Promoter, Star Alliance Member Carrier or your Eligible FFP owner/administrator has officially announced you as the Winner, or has announced the Winner under your Eligible FFP. Breach of this obligation shall result in your disqualification.
40. Winners of any Prizes may be required to take part in any publicity that may be reasonably requested by the Promoter, Star Alliance Member Carriers or the Eligible FFP owner/administrator. They will do so free of charge, though the Promoter will reimburse reasonable and necessary travel expenses.
Personal Information and Content
41. On registration, you will be requested to provide the following personal information: (a) full legal first name; (b) full legal last name; (c) email address; (d) Eligible FFP of which you are a member and to which a Prize may be credited; (e) Designated Eligible FFP Account (which may not be changed following registration); (f) age, insofar as you confirm that you are over eighteen (18) years old, and (g) residence, insofar as you confirm you are not a resident of Italy, Mendoza (Argentina) or another ineligible jurisdiction. You may be requested, at any stage in the Competition, to provide additional information for the verification of your identity, Eligible FFP membership or Designated Eligible FFP Account number. If contacted to be confirmed as a Winner, your full birth date and address of residence will also be requested, along with any documents reasonably required to confirm your identification. Any such personal information will be retained until 31 October 2017. The personal information provided by you is subject to data processing by the parties identified in para. 44 for and on behalf of the Promoter. You have a right of access, rectification and deletion in relation any personal data you supply in connection with the Competition and the right to oppose, for legitimate reasons, the processing of your data. To exercise these rights, please write to: email@example.com.
42. By accepting this Agreement, you agree and consent to the Promoter, the Star Alliance Member Carriers and the Eligible FFP owners/administrators (“License Beneficiaries”) publishing, together with your first name and at no additional cost, any and all of your Entry Materials, as submitted by you or in abbreviated/edited form, in the online Map at www.staralliance.com/mileagemillionaire, staralliance.comand/or in any other advertising or marketing materials or media channels (including social media channels) thereof or elected thereby, whether printed, digital or of any other format, anywhere in the world for any commercial and non-commercial purposes but only in relation to this Competition, its theme and/or the 20th Anniversary of Star Alliance and for a period not exceeding 24 months past Closing Date (“Scope of Usage”). Accordingly, you hereby grant the License Beneficiaries a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide and unrestricted license to use and amend, with or without your consent, any materials you submit for any purpose within the Scope of Usage. You agree that any information, whether personal or not and of whatever nature or theme, that may be inferred, disclosed or publicised directly or indirectly from any Entry Materials or other materials you submit is provided with your consent, and that you further consent to any such information being used as per the terms of this Agreement. Should you be a Winner of this Competition, this shall also include, without limitation, and within the Scope of Usage, any statements made by or attributed to you in relation to such victory, along with your age and country of residence. Without limitation, you expressly waive any pecuniary, commercial, financial, proprietary or other rights you may have in law or equity in relation to such uses.
43. You agree and consent to the use of your information as described in this Agreement.
44. Any personal data relating to you will be used solely in accordance with any applicable legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without your prior consent, except as set out in this Agreement. All data, including personal data submitted by you, is supplied voluntarily. Data relating to you, including but not limited to personal data, is collected and may be retained, for and on behalf of the Promoter, by Atomic London Ltd., the agency contracted by the Promoter, with offices located at 88 Goswell Road, London, EC1V 7DB United Kingdom (“ATOMIC LONDON”), and/or its subcontractors: National Geographic, registered in England and Wales as NGC Europe Limited Under – number 7168489 and with a registered seat at 10 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, United Kingdom; How Splendid Ltd, with offices located at Creston House, 10 Great Pulteney Street, London, W1F 9NB United Kingdom, and, as Promoter’s contractor; Nagarro Software GmbH , with offices located at Mainzer Landstraße 50, 60325 Frankfurt am Main. Data may be hosted on or stored in Windows Azure or Amazon Web Services in the UK and in other countries within the EEA.
45. You consent to the collection, storing, processing, transfer and use of this data by and among ATOMIC LONDON, the above contractors and subcontractors, the Promoter, the Eligible FFP owners/administrators and the Star Alliance Member Carriers for the purposes set out in this Agreement.
46. By entering the Competition, you allow ATOMIC LONDON and MEDIAEDGE:CIA INTERNATIONAL LIMITED to anonymously track and report your activity inside the Competition site, in order to allow ATOMIC LONDON to organize and enhance the Competition site.
Warranties & Liability
47. You warrant and represent that: (a) you are the sole and exclusive owner, proprietor and holder of any rights in any and all Entry Materials you submit, and that no rights of any third parties are violated through your submissions; (b) the profile picture depicts yourself; (c) any third parties that may appear in any Entry Material(s) of yours have given their full and informed consent to so appear for the purposes of this Competition, and that you have informed such third parties of the terms of this Agreement; (d) the Entry Materials you submit are not in violation of any law, or incite or encourage such violation, sexually explicit or contain any inappropriate gestures; (e) the information you will provide is, in its entirety, correct and accurate, and no relevant information has been concealed, misrepresented or otherwise withheld; (f) you fulfil the eligibility conditions stated herein in their entirety; (g) you will not abuse or otherwise misuse this Competition, including without limitation any online tools and or media sharing options made available thereunder, contrary to the objectives, processes and requirements stated herein.
48. You agree to be liable for, indemnify and hold harmless the Promoter, Star Alliance Member Carriers, the Eligible FFP owners/administrators, and their employees, officers, directors, consultants and staff, as well as the same of any of Promoter’s agents, contractors or subcontractors thereof, in relation to any action, suit, complaint or other proceedings, and all related reasonable legal fees, that may stem from, relate to or originate from any Entry Materials of yours, any breach, on your part, of any term of this Agreement or to your participation in this Competition and your use/redemption of any Prize awarded to you hereunder.
49. Nothing in this Agreement limits or excludes, or will be deemed to limit or exclude, the Promoter’s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, death or personal injury caused by its negligence or liability that may not otherwise be limited or excluded by law.
50. By entering the Competition, and subject at all times to para. 49, you release to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, the Promoter, Star Alliance Member Carriers and Eligible FFP owners/administrators, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, whether consequential or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other alleged cause of action.
51. Subject at all times to para. 49, the Promoter shall not be responsible for any breaches of contract or any actions or omissions on the part of the Star Alliance Member Carriers, the Eligible FFPs owners/administrators and of ATOMIC LONDON or their agents, contractors and subcontractors nor be liable in any way to any party for any loss or damage arising in connection with this Competition, for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to any illegible, lost, delayed or incomplete Entries, error in computing, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment and any notice which is misdirected or lost in post, or in relation to any other information not expressly designated as applying to this Competition in any website, webpage or medium of or featuring Promoter’s brand or appearing as affiliated therewith.
52. It is your responsibility to procure and have in place any travel and other insurance covering any losses or injuries associated with your use/redemption of any miles/points/flights that may be awarded to you should you be a Winner or incurred during your travel through such use or redemption, as well as any and all required travel documentation, including passport or visas.
53. Any questions regarding the Competition shall be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
54. This Competition is void in all countries or regions where it is illegal by law. No Prize can be awarded to any Entrant in a jurisdiction where this Competition is unlawful. Should a Winner come forward from such a country or region, such person will be disqualified. It is therefore recommended that you consider taking local advice about your right to enter and participate in this Competition. If you wish to have more information on online dispute resolution, please follow this link to the website of the European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. 55. This Competition is not in association with Google, Facebook or any social media channel. Google, Facebook or any social media channel do not actively endorse the Competition. 56. The English version of this Agreement is the authorised version thereof. While every endeavour has been undertaken to translate this Agreement into the remaining Competition Languages, unless otherwise required by local mandatory law, any conflict between the English and a non-English version is to be resolved in favour of the English version in each and every matter, and regardless of the degree of variation or importance between the English and non-English versions 57. The Promoter may, at any time and without prior notice, amend or modify any term(s) of this Agreement and/or suspend, interrupt, terminate or discontinue this Competition (as it may reasonably deem necessary) due to circumstances beyond its control without liability to anyone. This applies in particular, but is not limited to, in the event of any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter that disrupt the Competition or prevent it from proceeding as planned. 58. In relation to residents of Canada, the Competition is only open to those residents who have reached the legal age of majority in their respective province or territory of residence. In relation to residents of Quebec: (a) this Agreement shall be subject to the laws of the province of Quebec and any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement; (b) the English and French versions of this Agreement shall carry equal force, but in the event of a conflict between the two, the French version will prevail; (c) as an additional condition for being confirmed as a Winner and for claiming a Prize, potential winners who are Quebec residents will be required to answer correctly a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance. Such mathematical skill-testing question will be provided in the winner confirmation communication described in para. 37. In addition to the requirements specified in para.37, the Response of Quebec resident(s) will need to include a correct answer to such mathematical skill-testing question, which must also be provided within the Response Period. 59. In relation to residents of Brazil, this Agreement shall be subject to the laws of Brazil and/or any region thereof that may apply, as well as the exclusive jurisdiction of its courts. In addition, for residents of Brazil participating in this Competition under the Amigo Eligible FFP, the following terms and conditions www.staralliance.com/en/mileagemillionaire-tc-br shall apply in lieu of this Agreement. Within the territory of Brazil, the promoter of the Competition is Oceanair Linhas Aéreas S.A., an entity existing under the laws of Brazil and having its principal place of business at Av. Washington Luiz, n° 7059, Campo Belo, São Paulo – SP – CEP: 04627-006 – Brazil. The Competition has been registered with the Caixa Economica Federal by the same, and under number 3-0677/2017. For clarity, the dates and times described in paras. 24 and 37 in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) correspond to the following Brasília Local dates and times: (a) as per para. 24, the Start Date of the Competition in Brasília Local Time is 13 May 2017 at 21.01 and the Closing Date in Brasília Local Time is 31 July 2017 at 21.00; and (b) as per para. 37, the name and country of residence of the Winners will be originally announced on the Competition’s webpage at www.staralliance.com/mileagemillionaire on the Announcement Date, which in Brasília Local Time is 28 September 2017 at 21.01.